Mercury 200 HP Verado LW – Much like the six-cylinder model, the four-cylinder Verado is futuristic when it comes to producing unbeatable power and a previously unimagined boating experience. Automotive-like responsiveness, remarkable acceleration and unbeatable torque combine with industry-leading reliability and optional power steering to create a driving experience comparable to the performance of our six-cylinder Verado. Slightly smaller, still spectacular, still the best.
Every Verado in the range is built on one solid principle. To create a motor that is tough from top to bottom. With supercharged power in every Verado, the torque produced by the engine is nothing short of incredible. With greater torque through the entire rev range you receive awesome acceleration as well as being able to keep a heavily loaded boat on plane at slower speeds, and climb larger waves.
SmartCraft Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS)
- The SmartCraft® Digital Throttle & Shift System delivers precise, instantaneous throttle response, and smooth shifting by eliminating the hesitation of traditional mechanical cable systems.
Advanced MidSection (AMS)
- Specially designed cradle mounting system surrounds the powerhead to virtually eliminate vibration while in motion.
- As thrust load increases the AMS mounting system stiffens to improve handling.
- Get more lift and better top speed performance.
- Eliminate the “crabbing effect” felt in large displacement fourstroke outboards.
Superior Corrosion Protection
- Mercury’s exclusive low-copper content XK360 aluminium alloy provides industry leading protection against saltwater corrosion.
- More Stainless Steel parts
- Marine grade anodized aluminium supercharger housing with Teflon® coated rotors.
- Protective sacrificial anodes for superior protection at every level.
|Model: 200hp Verado LW|
|Propshaft Rated Horsepower (HP/kW)||200 /149|
|Max RPM (WOT)||5800-6400|
|Cylinder/Configuration||In-line 4, 16-valve double overhead cam (DOHC)|
|Induction System||Supercharged with charge air cooling and electronic boost pressure control|
|Fuel System||Computer controlled Sequential Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)|
|Fuel Requirements||Regular Unleaded|
|Charging System||Fully regulated belt driven 70-amp (882 watt)|
|Cooling System||Water cooled with thermostat & pressure control|
|Lubrication System||Integrated dry sump|
|Oil Requirement||NMMA certified FCW SAE 25W-50|
|Engine Management System||SmartCraft PCM 07|
|Engine Control & Gear Shift System||SmartCraft Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS)|
|Engine Protection System||SmartCraft Engine Guardian|
|Shaft Length (inches)||
25 (XL) CR
|Shaft Length (mm)||
635 (XL) CR
|Counter Rotation (CR)||Available on 25″ (CXL) models|
|Trim / Tilt System||Power trim & tilt with SmartCraft programmable tilt|
|Maximum Tilt Range||73° (-5° to 68°)|
|Maximum Trim Range||20° (-5° to 15°)|
|Steering||Big Tiller, Hydraulic or optional electro-hydraulic power steering|
|Warranty**||3+2 = 5 years|
*Comparative Weight refers to base engine without oil, propeller or integral steering cylinder
**Warranty Conditions apply