Mercury M8 Drive
- Combines best features of the dry-sump NXT¹ & Six drives. Dry-sumped for maximum power-output. Delivers 35% more power capacity than the legendary Six drive.
- All-new surface piercing gearcase, packed with heavy-duty components, is designed specifically to handle the 1350’s higher torque.
- New 5 & 6-blade CNC sterndrive propellers are designed with stamina to allow the engine to endure in both treacherous and ideal offshore conditions.
- Two inches shorter resulting in an overall lower center of gravity for improved handling and overall boat performance.
- All new dry sump hydraulic transmission to handle the 1350’s massive torque.
- While the lower drive cavity is bathed in oil, a unique propshaft driven oil pump sprays the upper drive gears. This reduces internal friction, increasing performance.
|Max. Power Cap.||1350 hp Input torque rating of 1300 ft. lbs.|
|Lower Unit Design||Dry Sump Drive & Transmission|
|Max. Prop Diameter||18 inches|
|Available Gear Ratios||1.69:1, 1.53:1, 1.40:1, 1.30:1|
|Proshaft Rotation||Left Hand & Right Hand Rotation|
|Drive Weight (lbs./kg.)||280/127|