The New Standard of Performance
Born out of a passion for perfection, the Mercury Racing Verado 400R ups the ante in outboard engine performance. Serious enhancements have been made to the proven 2.6L supercharged dual overhead cam platform, delivering incredible achievements in power and efficiency. A 7,000 RPM rev limit for blistering acceleration, custom Mercury Racing calibration and impressive power-to-weight ratio are just the beginning of the advancements the 400R delivers. This engine isn’t for the faint of heart and has been engineered specifically for lightweight high performance hulls that have 1 goal in mind – SPEED. Do you have the need?
- New cylinder head: New design for enhanced durability.
- Custom exhaust valves: Race derived to for enhanced performance and durability.
- Camshaft: Custom lobe profile (intake & exhaust) and Mercury Racing derived cam timing for enhanced power and torque.
- All New Water-cooled Supercharger: Custom rotor profile for enhanced supercharger efficiency.
- Charge Air Cooling cools the air after exiting the supercharger before it enters the cylinder head for maximum performance.
- Pistons: Mercury Racing derived piston profile and custom piston ring pack for enhanced durability and performance
- Piston Cooling Jets: For enhanced piston durability.
- Electronic Boost Bypass Control Valve monitors boost pressure levels to self-compensate for environmental changes, delivering consistent power that you have to feel to believe.
High Performance Top Cowl
- Cool air intake for powerhead/components: Custom intake at the top of the cowl forces air through to the top of the flywheel. A flywheel fan disperses air around the powerhead and components to regulate under cowl temperature.
- Cool air intake for supercharger: A functional air scoop mounted on the front of the cowl delivers fresh outside air through the air intake attenuator and into the supercharger. The air feeding the supercharger is virtually the same ambient temperature as it entered the engine – enhancing the supercharger efficiency for maximum engine power and performance.
AMS (Advanced MidSection)
- Sand cast driveshaft housing for added strength & durability.
- Modified exhaust tube: relieves engine back-pressure for enhanced power & performance
- Heavy-duty trim pin & steering head: Made of high load bearing – impact resistant fibre material for enhanced durability in extreme offshore conditions.
- Optimised Guide Plates stabilise the engine and Advanced Midsection for improved durability and rock solid handling at high speeds and in rough seas.
- High Performance Engine Mounts: Designed in conjunction with Mercury’s exclusive Advanced MidSection for minimal Noise Vibration Harshness (NVH) at idle.
- All-New Design: All new hydrodynamic shape and size. 1.75:1 gear ratio.
- Available with 5.44″Offshore gearcase or Mercury Racing Sport Master
- Heavy-duty propeller shaft: Large diameter (1-1/4″) shaft for enhanced durability. 25% larger than conventional shafts.
- Verado’s exclusive Mercury Power Steering system provides sports car like handling and performance, eliminates steering torque which helps reduce driver fatigue and improve confidence at the helm.
- The SmartCraft® Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS) System delivers precise, instantaneous throttle response, and smooth shifting by eliminating the hesitation of traditional mechanical cable systems.
- Turns any pilot into a seasoned pro.
- Throttle, shift and steer right at your fingertips – designed for maximum manoeuvrability at lower speeds.
- Full 360 degree control, move sideways, diagonally or spin the boat on its own axis.
- This system integrates seamlessly with SmartCraft® Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS) and electro-hydraulic power steering, while standard integrated autopilot provides Auto Heading and Waypoint Sequencing.
- Also available with Skyhook Digital Anchor
- Available on Dual, Triple and Quad Verado 400R installations